So what makes the Drakensberg such an attractive wedding destination. The first thing about getting married in the Drakensberg Mountains is its perfect location not too far from Gauteng and KwaZulu Natal and away from the hustle and bustle of normal life. And the setting is to die for. The Drakensberg have many happy family holiday memories and these are being carried forward to make special Drakensberg wedding memories. The Drakensberg offers a huge range of very good wedding suppliers and wedding venues. This huge range of wedding reception opportunities is supported by majestic mountain scenery, the Midlands Meander, warm climate, golf courses, world heritage sites and excellent hotels.
There are just so many wedding venues to choose – from the vibrant and exciting to the romantic and secluded. KwaZulu Natal Drakensberg also boasts a premier cultural venue, which celebrates the rich heritage of the province.
For those who decide on a Drakensberg Wedding there is a wide choice of wedding venue and conference centers to suit all budgets – from the lower budget wedding to the most exclusive upmarket venues. So whether your wedding is a small intimate and stylish occasion or a large formal celebration you will find that the Drakensberg and Natal Midlands offers the wedding opportunities to suite your expectations perfectly.
Of course we like to think that we have the perfect Drakensberg Wedding venue right here at the Antbear Lodge. We are a great choice for a smaller wedding of up to 100 guests and offer as far as we know the most affordable venue charges around. But we are not perfect for everyone so here is a list of other great wedding venues in the Drakensberg Region
Selected Drakensberg wedding venues
- Antbear Drakensberg Lodge A venue ideally suited to smaller wedding of up to 100 persons. There is no venue with a view more stunning than this wedding venue and the venue decor is nothing short of exquisite. Its almost like getting married in an art gallery.
- Cathedral Peak Hotel The scenic beauty of this renowned Drakensberg hotel, its personal service and the attention to detail makes this venue a superb choice. Weddings at Cathedral peak are renowned for their great organization.
- Alpine Heath is situated in the Northern Drakensberg and can host weddings of up to 200 persons in their conference hall
- Penwarn Lodge Most of their wedding ceremonies are outdoors – overlooking the dams, under the oaks, on the island and more.
- Witsend Offering breath-taking views of the magnificent Drakensberg mountain range our custom built reception venue is reminiscent of a spacious stone farmhouse.
- The Nest Hotel is renowned for good food, great service and excellent value for money and has a team of dedicated hospitality professionals who are ready and willing to make your wedding unforgettable.
- Dragon Peaks Imagine your ceremony against a setting of breathtaking beauty with a backdrop of picturesque mountains in a thatched wedding venue surrounded by a quiet lake
- Cathkin Farm is a do it yourself wedding venue with a beautiful far setting in the Champagne Valley
- Zingela River Lodge must be one of the most romantic venues for a wedding with a difference. The reception can be a champagne picnic lunch on the lawn, a festive affair in the thatched boma or tables set under the stars.