Explore the charmingly rustic atmosphere of the Natal Midlands.
The Natal Midlands features a landscape of rolling hills, lush forests, gentle rivers, tumbling waterfalls, mountain foothills and green farmlands. No doubt the Natal Midlands is a perfect setting for a day of walking, hiking, mountain biking, fishing, simply appreciating the great outdoors or a Natal Midlands wedding. The area boasts a number of pristine nature reserves where picnicking, trout fishing, water sports and bird watching are popular activities. The Natal Midlands is a gateway to the Drakensberg Mountains and home to the Midlands Meander.
What to see in the Natal Midlands
- Midlands Meander Arts and Craft route incorporates more than one hundred stops. Visitors can expect to meet up with weavers, woodcrafters, potters, leather workers, sculptors, artists, metalworkers, herb growers, box makers, beer brewers, cheese makers and musical instrument crafters, to name but a few.
- The Mandela Capture Site where an artistically interesting memorial has been set up.
What to do in the Natal Midlands
- National Botanical Gardens – This beautiful garden situated in Pietermaritzburg is a bird lovers and horticulturist paradise.
- Tatham Art Gallery – Tatham Art Gallery has paintings from well known artists, such as Picasso, Degas and Matisse complimented by a great collection of African art. The experience and atmosphere are made even more enjoyable by the café on site which serves good food.
- Pietermaritzburg – This Victorian city is known as the City of Flowers with many public parks.
© 2016 Antbear Lodge www.antbear.co.za
Developed by Pyjama Rebels
Experience the Drakensberg