As you may well know, the Drakensberg region is known for its exceptional scenery and tranquility – a perfect place for your special day. And for sure your wedding at Antbear Lodge will be talked about and remembered. Our specialty is fabulous mountain weddings where we offer a spectacular natural setting together with our beautiful lodge facilities for the reception.
Antbear lodge offers it all with a chapel, wedding venue, own catering and accommodation on one site. With breath-taking views of the magnificent Drakensberg mountains Our lodge offers a cosy, arty, unique and intimate atmosphere for you to celebrate your special day. This is a place that screams out for beautiful wedding photos. We can even provide a horse for your wedding pictures too. There are also options for outside ceremonies.The fireplaces in the lodge mean that a cozy winter wedding is also a lovely possibility.
We invite you to come and see this for yourself as photos and websites somehow don’t quite capture the 360 degree view. More Information about our venue, the area and all the activities are well documented on our website
We would like to create your wedding to be how you imagine your day unfolding. And if you have some ideas we haven’t thought of – all the better we would love to listen and see what we can do to realise your dreams.
This is how I imagine your wedding costs would break down but there will probably be some changes that will still be made so allow for that variation. I have calculated the bar at R120 per person but if your guests are heavy drinkers this might turn out very differently.
We specialize in the smaller weddings of up to 100 guests
There is a venue hire charge of R12500
The venue hire charge includes:
• Wedding garden décor.
• Basic setup of the chapel
• Reception venue
• Tables and chairs
• Cutlery, crockery and glassware
• White Napkins
• Tables for DJ, wedding cake and gifts
• Use of standard cutlery, crockery, glassware and cake knife;
• 3 waiters and one barmen and services of our general manager will be in attendance to ensure high levels of management and faultless service
• basic setting up of venue.
• The wedding night in the luxury cave for the bridal couple
Hiring of the venue is until midnight. A charge of R1000 per hour will be payable should you wish to continue after midnight. The charge includes one barman. Remember to make overtime arrangements with your DJ for music.
Our chapel has glass windows which look out onto the Drakensberg Mountains. It’s a spectacular view that just goes on forever. You have the option of a garden wedding in front of the chapel or inside the chapel. The chapel has seating space for 100 guests on hand-crafted and uniquely designed wooden chairs. Wooden chandeliers hang in the chapel too.
• Our venue offers 15 rooms and can accommodate up to 44 people but if there are only couples then we can accommodate 30 persons
• There is more accommodation in the area and should your guests who stay off site then they would be welcome to join us for the Friday dinner and the breakfasts too
• Breakfast time can be negotiated between 8am and 11am.
• Special wedding guest accommodation rates can be negotiated and this depends on number of guests staying over and if the wedding is both the Friday and the Saturday night
• Children under 11 are half price and babies under 2 are not charged for
• Rates are R80 per person but can vary depending on what you choose to do
• A varied selection of sweet and savory canapés are served and can be selected from the following
– Lemon cake
– Orange cake
– Cake pops
– Cup cakes
– Apple cake
– Nut corners
– Banana muffins
– Potato muffins
– Mini quiche
– Mini burgers
– Mini hot dogs
– Natchos with tomato salsa, jalapeno and grilled cheese
– Mini sausages in honey and mustard
– Feta cheese with olives
– Puff pastry rolled with pesto wheels
– Sausage rolls
– Chicken wings
– Cucumber cups filled with Thai beef
• Please note that all menu prices are subject to change.
• Our style of serving the reception dinner is to serve the starter plated, the mains onto the table in bowls and the guests would dish themselves onto warm plates and the deserts and are either plated or on a desert table accompanied with a tea and coffee station.
• We are fairly flexible about what we can cook but what follows is a selection of suggestions for you to think about. We also offer services like a sheep or pig on the spit and also have access the very good venison so this can also be an option
– Butternut and ginger soup
– Beetroot soup
– Brie in Phylo pastry with onion marmalade
– Fresh tomato soup
– Sweetcorn soup
– Eland Cappacio with Parmesan cheese and sprouts
– Chicken soup with noodles
– Cheese and bacon quiche
– Spinach and tomato tortia
– Biltong Mousse served with bread
– Roast lamb with marinade gravy
– Roast pork with apple sauce
– Roast beef with gravy
– Grilled chicken pieces with jus
– Served with vegetables rice, potatoes or dumplings
– Various salads
– Apple crumble
– Malva pudding
– Chocolate mousse
– Brandy tart
– Chocolate and nut pudding
– Milk tart|
– Ice cream
– Lemon meringue tart
• Antbear Lodge holds a full liquor license and comprehensive stock of liquor.
• Special requests can be organized in advance.
• Last rounds are served at 23:30 and the venue strictly closes at 24:00, unless otherwise arranged and compensated for.
• A cash bar or tab system can be organized.
• All prices are subject to change without prior notice.
• If cash bar then no card facilities available at the bar
• Full wine list on request
Although we can make recommendations, the following service providers and items are usually sourced by the bridal party / wedding coordinators;
• Wedding cake
• Music / DJ
• Florist / Flowers
• Draping, extra decor
There are a number of other possibly not so obvious advantages about the Antbear Lodge;
– We are a stone’s throw away (about 15km) from the biggest and best highway in the country – the N3
– We also have a 750 meter landing strip so if anyone wants to fly in its also an option
– We’re located in a uniquely safe area – there’s no need to lock anything up here – we have very few keys at the lodge
– We are close to many activities as well as some of the most scenic sites and walks in the world
– We are passionate about what we do.