Find out what YOU can do in the Drakensberg
Download this FREE eBook now
Welcome to Antbear Lodge
What makes this Drakensberg accommodation option so special is that we are offering cozy & comfortable accommodation in a luxury cave. Glass doors open onto a wooden deck with hammock chairs and an uninterrupted view of the Drakensberg Mountains. We also offer accommodation in mountain view suites and garden view suites. This is an upmarket Eco experience read more about what makes Antbear Lodge so unique ..
Who are we
We are very honored to be able to serve you. We love our work at Antbear Lodge and are proud of what we have achieved together. Some of us have been here from the very first day. We support each other and because we know that together we are stronger. Whats more we would love to meet you and host you at Antbear Lodge soon. read more about our team at Antbear Lodge ..
About the Eco experience
We cook all our meals from scratch and use our own organic vegetable garden. We have our own chickens for eggs, own cows for milk, we bake our own bread and even make our own cheese read more about our Eco experience..
The Lodge – Drakensberg accommodation
The lodge is artistic in style and offers 2 lounges, a wine cellar, a small bar and a dining room. We offer the option of hosted dinning at a communal table or if you would prefer you can also sit at an own table. We also offer the option of private dining where we setup a table on the deck of your cave and you dine by candlelight under the stars. read more about the lodge …
Where is Antbear Lodge?
The best way to say this is in the middle of nowhere. We are perfectly located to explore the very best of the Drakensberg offers and are situated towards Giants Castle. Easy access to Kamberg, Champagne Valley and the Kwazulu Natal Midlands. Read more about where we are located …
This Drakensberg accommodation lodge practices small scale farming permaculture. We have a small flock of sheep, 3 milk cows, horses, donkeys, a pig, and a few chickens, turkeys, ducks and geese. For us it is important that the animals are well kept and live a good life. read more about Antbear Farm ..
Why Stay at Antbear lodge?
- Free WIFI and free parking
- Its a unique Drakensberg accommodation option. Its an inspiring experience and is likely to be one of your most remembered accommodation venues ever.
- Great value for money. Our comfortable accommodation is very affordable and includes breakfast and dinner.
- An intimate and personal experience. No big hotels here. Just friendly and welcoming hospitality with excellent home cooked food, superb walks and hikes, reading in front of the fireplace, playing board games and pleasant company.
- This is an ethical business that is practicing responsible tourism, fair labor practice with Eco friendly policies.
- A perfect base from which to experience everything that the Drakensberg and Natal Midlands have in store for you.
- An ideal retreat for individuals and groups, a place to rest, reflect and take stock of life.
- A spiritual wedding venue with spectacular views and service that excels.
Attractions and Activities
There is a lot to do or you could just chill out. The main attraction is the Drakensberg Mountains so a visit to Giants Castle and some hiking is a great idea. Or you could visit one of the best rock art sites in South Africa at Kamberg. We offer horse trails ideally suited to beginners. There is the option to fly in a hot air balloon, glide with vultures in a microlight or a game drive in the Zulu Waters Private Game Reserve. read more about the activities at Antbear Lodge …