Drakensberg holiday accommodation where pets are welcome
Antbear Lodge is one of the few pet-friendly places in the Drakensberg. Beautiful, vast views of the Drakensberg with plenty of ground for your dogs to roam. Walk for hours. Room 8 is a mountain view suite with a fenced-in garden. Room 10 is a garden view with its own fenced-in garden. The gardens have direct access to the pet friendly accommodation unit. You can relax in your private garden knowing you have a fully fenced area where your pet can roam free from a leash.
Safe pet friendly accommodation Drakensberg
It’s really easy to bring your dog to this safe environment. Of course, we have some rules which you have to abide by but these are few and are pretty much just common sense.
- Our priorities when you arrive are to first check your dog in and have a fresh bowl of water waiting for your hound. We find that generally goes down really well.
- When we check you in we have a doggie welcome bag with some treats and information list of everything that’s pet friendly around us including pet services and vets. We even include a towel just in case your pet gets in the dam.
- We have been asked to prepare doggie meals too. No problem we will make you pooch a burger with pleasure. Just let us know what you would like.
- We do have some donkeys who dislike dogs so just keep your dog away from the donkeys
- We have chickens, ducks, sheep, horses and cows so please don’t let your dog chase any of our pets
- Most people do bring their own dog bedding, dog bowls and food. We do however have a dog basket, blankets and bedding available from reception should you need it. We also have a leash available should you need it too.
Your dogs will be happy with lots of dams to swim in and horses to discover.
We have a a 1 hour trail and a 3 hour trail on the farm. There is no on the lead policy so just go out and have fun together.
If you want to get out there are a number of pet friendly options and we supply all of this in a detailed list in the doggie welcome pack.
If you want to go out and leave you dog behind you can do that knowing that it will be safe. We like to know just so we can keep an extra eye on things.
The right pet friendly choice
If country life is for you and you would love to take your pet with you then Antbear Lodge is a great accommodation choice. Your hosts will advise you on all the activities available. Antbear Lodge prides itself on being family-friendly which means of course that children with paws are equally welcome. And there is no extra charges to accommodate your pet.
More than just dogs
Antbear Lodge also caters for those of you with other pets than dogs. We have a few paddocks so if you would like to bring your horse this is most certainly an easy possibility. We have also had parrots, cats, hamsters and guinea pigs stay with us
Tips for traveling with your pet
- Remember to pack water to prevent dehydration. Food and food bowls are essentials too.
- Pack any pet medications and supplements if your pet needs these.
- Exercise your pet prior to departure. A tired pet is much more amenable to travel.
- Feed your pet at least four hours prior to departure to prevent car sickness.
- Use a travel remedy, if necessary if your pet is anxious about travel.